Root-o-Rama!

I finally got around to taking some cuttings from my 'Blackie' sweetpotato vine on Wednesday. Yesterday (Friday) I checked the glass they are in and discovered they have roots an inch long already!! Talk about instant gratification -- no wonder kids love them in school...
Hope I don't get overrun this winter when I'm keeping the potted cuttings on the enclosed porch for next spring. ;-] I generally leave my other house-type plants and sturdier orchids outside until the night-time temps drop to the mid-40s, usually sometime in October. I move them back out when the night temps are steadily above the mid-40s in the spring. Have never grown this plant before, and have no idea how tender it is -- any suggestions as to how long I can leave the potted cuttings outdoors this fall would be much appreciated. TIA!
Happy trails....
Sue Drake Beautiful Butte County, CA Sunset Zone 7, USDA Zone 8
Cliff & Sue Drake said:

Why worry about taking cuttings from such a common plant? If you really want to have it again next season, just save the tuber. =)
--

Eggs

Is Marx's tomb a communist plot?

Now, now, any plant that can be put in water on Wednesday and have inch-long roots by Friday is worth a few props, for entertainment value if nothing else (at this rate, you almost can "watch the grass grow").
Jim Kingdon said:

lol. Ok, true. =)
Just wait 'till they see the tuber, though. HEH.
--

Eggs

-I know it sounds like I'm in denial, but I'm not.
"Eggs Zachtly" wrote:

=========Yikes. Will I need a back-hoe? =8-o
Happy trails....
Sue
"Jim Kingdon" wrote:

=========And that's the truth! The roots have doubled in size as of today -- at this rate, they'll be taking over the table they're on if I don't get them potted soon. Highly entertaining, IMHO. And yes, I do know that I'm easily amused. ;-]
Happy trails....
Sue
"Eggs Zachtly" wrote:

The plant is currently in a large planter with several others -- I thought I'd try to see if I can overwinter them all in the pot. I'm taking cuttings of all, as Emergency Backup Spares, in case I need them. Be prepared! 8-]
Happy trails....
Sue
In article snipped-for-privacy@d.thereplyto.header says...

What's the best way of saving tubers inside over winter?
Mark Anderson said:

I've brought them in and kept them in the basement. Keep them out of light.
--

Eggs

They told me I was gullible.... and I believed them.

I love sweet potato vine but stopped buying them because they are always tattered by munching bugs by mid summer.