Roosters

Hi all....any suggestions for an aggressive rooster...my neighgbours have one and they don't want to get rid of it....it has 2 hens under its charge....is bringing in another rooster a good idea to take it's aggressiveness away from the humans a good idea?....I know it's not gardening but it's "husbandry"!! Many thanks for any replies forthcoming!!
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:58:27 +0000, Heather Gribble wrote:

The best way to curb a rooster's aggressiveness is the stewpot.

It might be a little gamey? I'd brine it and put it in the smoker.

Bringing another rooster into the yard is only going to irritate him, unless you find a more aggressive one, in which case, you would have a larger problem. I had an aggressive one once who decided to try me, I wore him out with a stick, and he didnt try that again.
The rooster is doing what he was made to do.
chaz
There is a newsgroup sci.agriculture.poultry I am sure you could get lots of answer there.
Roberta

Going off half-cocked...?
obnoxious birds of all kinds use a tennis racket. Ingrid
seriously they are fairly smart birds and will remember the tennis racket and unless you plan to keep the racket with you the next time he sees you without it he will try to run you off maybe they arn't smart exactly but they seem to have a good memory On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 19:38:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote:

rooster the little #%$%& got him when his back was turrned they really have little fear and some times no matter how big you are or what you do the crazy things wil attack any way I think they have been inbred or somthing and they just go nuts sooner or later
Catch the satanic beast when they're out and have chicken dumplings and when they ask if you've seen him just say nah is he missing ? and smile inocently He just kidding well maybe not michelle On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:58:27 GMT, "Heather Gribble"

Buy a good bird dog and let it take care of the rooster for you. Might be a little hard on the two hens though.
Hound Dog

If you bring in another rooster, more likely than not you'll eventually end up with one rooster and one coq au vin, but not until they cockle-doodle you to death first.
This only applies to normal roosters and not metrosexual roosters.