rock gardens

I have giant rocks in my yard, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should plant in them to give it some color. I have tried before and not much comes up.What are the best plants/flowers to plant in a rock garden?

sunlight. Sue in Mi. (zone 5)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (SAS567) wrote in message

I live in NY, the dirt is dry and it is partly shady. Any suggestions? I appreciate your help.