Ripen Green Tomatoes?

Remove peel, roll each in waxed paper, twist ends and freeze. Eat frozen like an ice pop or use in smoothies. I love watching gals eat frozen bananas. ;)

Reply to
Brooklyn1

waxed paper, you say... will have to try. I tried saving a couple bananas couple years ago in the freezer, but one rolled out and future ex wife said it damn near broke her toe!

Reply to
gus.overton

I wondered about waxed paper too. Why not cling wrap? Would fit more tightly ergo less chance of freezer burn. If there's a downside, what is it?

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

anas couple years ago in the freezer, but one rolled out and future ex wife said it damn near broke her toe!

ghtly ergo less chance of freezer burn. If there's a downside, what is it?

I tried leaving couple au natural in their skin. But had a Dickens of a ti me trying to unwrap- and gave up. I hear the over ripe/frozen are good fo r daquiris or smoothies, but not tried-- yet... Pic-pac has 29 cent banana s a pound on Wednesdays and been meaning to try someday.

Reply to
gus.overton

For the same reason confections and baked goods are typically wrapped with waxed paper... plastic cling wrap is apt to adhere/bond... when removed will pull away part of the banana. Bananas don't contain sufficient water for freezer burn to occur. BTW, wax is not toxic, wax is a natural plant/vegetable product. Of course feel free to do as you want... I hope the rest of your lives isn't as broken/slovenly as your newreader... what's with all the double spacing? And learn to clean up your attributions... does your mommy still wipe your ass?

Reply to
Brooklyn1

Maybe sensei is showing us The Way... wax on, wax off.

Reply to
gus.overton

Probably the new GG (?), it sucks ass... does not wipe cleanly.

Reply to
gus.overton