Riding lawn mower problem

I have a Poulan Pro riding lawn mower. It has just started having a problem that I need help diagnosing. It is some kind of a fuel problem and is related to the position of the mower while cutting. My land is sloped and, when cutting the following happens. If I am cutting across the slope and my left side is on the downhill side of the slope, the mower gets plenty of gas and works perfectly. If I am cutting across the slope and my right side is on the downhill slope, it slows down and seems to lack power. It almost slows to a stop. The fuel pump is mounted on the left side of the engine. Any thoughts about what is going on will be appreciated. THanks
Jack wrote:

How long have you been using this machine? If the problem just started (assuming you've been mowing across that slope previously) perhaps you have a partially clogged fuel filter. You can also have a little water in your fuel tank, when listing to the right it may be sucking up some water with the gas... try adding some dry gas.

...or, if it is a carbourated engine, the float bowl may have leaked, letting some fluid in.
cheers
oz