Rhododendren re - blooming

With the warm temps in the Northeast, (going to be 90 today in Pittsburgh) my rhododendren are again in bloom. Will this kill the spring blooms? Should I nip the blooms? Any ideas?

blooms. All of them won't break to bloom, however, you should still get some blossoms in the spring.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

The only buds your rhododendrons will form for next year, formed this summer. Any that bloom now will not bloom next summer. Cutting them off will just prevent you from enjoying them now. It will not improve things for next summer. It is best to do nothing. Strange weather patterns will trick some rhododendrons into blooming early. It is just a risk we take. These blooms are seldom satisfactory.

the plant in bloom? What color are the flowers? They're interested, they've got a nice red in bloom (I can find out the name) and they're just curious.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

I have a Lee's Best Purple that blooms twice each year. The spring flowering is always very thick with blooms, the autumn flowering is only half as dense. But it never seems like the autumn bloomers weaken spring bloom at all. The worst that happens is an early frost stops the autumn bloom midway through opening, & the half-opened buds might just as well but pinched off as they'll never do more.
-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com.html