Rhodendrins with buds NOW?

I just bought some end-of-the-season rhodendrins (read: cheap) and I noticed that some have buds on them. From past experience, I know that this sometimes leads to them blooming after planting -- IN THE FALL. So, here's my question: do I cut back the buds? Or do I just leave them be and hope the buds overwinter until spring?

Reply to
Fragile "Joseph" Warrior

That is how I bought mine last year. end of season with buds. I just planted it in a shady area gave it lots of water and it bloomed nicely this spring no problems. I am in a zone 5

Reply to
Lynn

If you cut them off, your plant wont flower in the spring. This is normal for rhodies- they bloom in spring, grow vegetativley, then set buds for next year.

Toad

Reply to
Marley1372