Retirement Communities

My wife and I are looking for a retirement community (either in the US or Latin America) where residents are able to have their own gardens. It doesn't matter if it's ownership or rental -- we'd just like to be able to pursue our gardening pasttime and be around people with the same interest. Thanks very much for your help!