Resettling cucumbers

We needed to thin out the cucumbers that I [intentionally] planted too densely, so that the bad ones would be thinned. They all grew nicely, so instead of simply removing the un-needed plants, our nanny resettled them elsewhere. I read that cucumbers and such do not handle resettling well, is it true?
Ignoramus32760 wrote:

Generally, cukes don't like their roots disturbed. However, it sounds like it's a done deal. Wait a couple of days and see how they do. If it works, fine. If not, you have room for something else in the garden.
If it didn't work, it's not too late in the season to reseed cukes. If you want to transplant them, start them in peat pots.