Reputable seed companies

I am searching for a good seed company to order seeds from. The previous seed company (Sheperds) was real good until white flower farm took it over. After that, a lot of radishes, lettuce, pumpkins and other vegetables disappeared from their catalog (even online). I am looking for a good reputable seed company where I can find these veggies again. The local nursery (Frank's nursery) here is pure garbage. They only put 4 or 5 seeds in a pack and charge 8 dollars for it. For what Sheperds sold those same seeds, I would get 10 seeds for a buck and change. It was a much better deal.
Please don't email me, respond to the group as those spammers have hit me very hard.
Thanks in advance, Matt
www.gurneys.com

jen wrote:

I used to order from Gurney's but I now have too many seed companies that I order from, so I have cut back to save on shipping and service charges. Most of my order goes to Johnny's (http://www.johnnyseeds.com ), Fedco (http://www.fedcoseeds.com ), Stokes (http://www.stokeseeds.com ), and Harris (http://www.harrisseeds.com ). I also order from Parks (http://www.parkseed.com ) Veseys (http://www.veseys.com ) [Canadian/US], Pinetree (http://www.superseeds.com/home.htm ), New England Seed Co (http://www.neseed.com ). Occasionally a few others. I have had no problems with any of the above. I'm sure there are lots of other good ones that I haven't tried.
Johnny's, Fedco, and Pinetree are in Maine and know about what grows in the Northeast. Pinetree is inexpensive, but the seed packages are somewhat small. Fine for the homeowner, but annoying for commercial growers. I have specific varieties I want, so it takes a lot of suppliers to fill out my order. If one supplier had everything their catalog would probably be like a phone book.
The only thing I used to order from Gurneys that I can't get elsewhere was a pumpkin. An ugly thing with a strongly netted skin, but the flesh was great for pies and was low on the stringy scale. However, I don't have time to make pies anymore.
You can try Merrifield Garden Center http://www.merrifieldgardencenter.com/products.php?openparent 9&pidthey have a bunch of seeds

In the south, http://www.willhiteseed.com or http://www.twilleyseed.com/ Many who have great in the past have been caught up in buyouts and consolidations which have tarnished their reputations,
I've recently put my order in for Thompson & Morgan (www.thompson-morgan.com). It's pricey but full of rare stuff. In the past I've ordered from McFayden's (www.mcfayden.com) and have had good service. Would also like to mention Eternal seeds and Seeds of Change (www.seedsofchange.com) for heirloom vegies.
Here's list of other vegie sites:
http://www.seeds.ca/library/rl/rl.htm
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Matt) writes:

Renee Sheperd is again selling her own seeds :
www.reneesgarden.com
Emilie NorCal