repotting shock

I purchased a beautiful Brazilian flame vine late this summer (Pyrostegia venusta), transplanted to a big pot and was wondering if the plant was dying when the leaves started to fall (droopy leaves). I watered every 2 or 3 days, no more. I went back to the person who sold me and she said almost every plant suffers from repotting shock after being repotted. The plant was beautiful and healthy when I bought and I did not do anything other then what was recommended (repotting and water every 2/3 days). I wonder if this really happens and the person did tell me the truth.
Thanks ccap
Claudia C A de Paula wrote:

<fwiw> I use B-1 any time I repot or plant anything. Seems to reduce and even eliminate shock greatly. YMMV