Repot small pot Bougainvillea

A month ago, I purchased this 4" pot of Bougainvillea which was with orange bloom. Its the Barbra Kurst variety. I keep it in my very sunny, warm window. I hate to disturb the roots, at least until spring next year, but am concerned that it dries out fast in that size pot, then be accused of over watering it. I wait for a wilted sign, before watering. Would it be a good idea to repot in larger pot now, or wait? I reside in mid atlantic state NYcity
Wishy, I'd repot it now no matter what time of year it is. A 4 inch pot is a thimble for a hibiscus.
I find a lot of potted hibiscus are treated with growth regulators to keep them small, and they will eventuallly get past the treatment and try to leap in size.
I also find that a hibiscus that gets too dry in the house will pick up red spider mite FAST.
So < I > would DEFINITELY get the hibiscus into something bigger, probably a 6" pot and even that is small by my standards, LOL, but no sense overwhelming the wee thing. I'd put new potting mix in the bottom of the pot, add some time release fertilizer, put the plant in and fill around the edges with more potting mix, water it in and breathe a sigh of relief. Pinch the tips now while it is small so it stays bushy, and be prepared to repot again in February when the days start to lengthen.
Just my 2 cents.
Sue Western Maine

orange
window. I