Replanting Tulip and Daffodil Bulbs

Hi there-
We are preparing to build a deck off of our house, so I have dug up a bunch of tulip and daffodil bulbs (among other plants) with the intention of replanting them elsewhere. I suppose I should have done my research ~before~ digging them up, but what is the best way to ensure they survive to next year in their new home? Most still have the green stalks (flowers are gone). We are in southern Ohio so I'm fairly certain winter is over (though they are calling for low 30's tonight!). Thanks in advance for your help!

You can replant them in their permanent new homes now or simply heel them in until the new planting area is ready. Either way, the bulbs and roots need to be covered to prevent drying and foliage should be left intact until it ripens, browns and falls off on its own.
pam - gardengal
I have always been surprised how well they transplant. This is the best time to do so for many bulbs. We often buy them 'In the green' [snowdrops] but daffodils seem to do just as well. Best Wishes.

in