Replacment for Orange tree

I'm in zone 9b (Orlando). The Florida Ag department has cut down all (seven) of my Orange trees due to citrus canker. I'm trying to find a replacement tree for one of my oranges that was providing shade to some delicate foliage. I can't replant citrus for two years due to a citrus canker quarantine.

The question..... what is a good replacement tree that grows to about

20Hx20W and keeps its leaves during our mild winters?

Thank you in advance.

Reply to
Simmerson

try a loquat, eriobotria japonica, nice big leaves, delicious fruit.

Reply to
treeman

Thanks for the reply. Just so happens I bought a Loquat Saturday morning for delivery Wednesday. It had all of the characteristics I was looking for.

Reply to
Simmerson

I planted a cary mango tree after the gov. cut down my grapefruit tree. They're delicious and the tree provides shade.

Harry

Reply to
<hacbac

Possible fruit trees inbclude a sapote, a loquat, a Golden Dorset apple,

Dick

Reply to
Richard Cline