REPLACEMENT SPOOL FOR GRASS TRIMMER

I have a Black & Decker "Grass Hog" trimmer that uses an AFS (automatic feed spool), which requires no bumping. For replacement line, can I use generic line if it's the correct size---or does the "automatic feed" feature require the Black & Decker replacement line?

Thanks! Mike

Reply to
MIKE

I don't know B&D specifically, but generally the heads use any line as long as it's the right diameter. I have an Echo with a bumpfeed that uses .095 line, and it works with just about anything I put in it, include those weird square and star shaped lines (don't waste your money, they don't work any better than regular round string as long as its ends aren't frayed too much.) Buy a small spool of whatever brand, just make sure the line diameter matchs the head.

I also adapted a small lawnmower blade to fit, but the less said there the better (use your imagination)

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob