Repairing a neglected lawn.

Our home has a lot of grassy area (around 1800 sq. ft.) both in front and in the back. It has a lot of weeds, a few bald spots and a couple of deep depressions. I want to fix it up because we plan on selling or property in about a year. From the little I know about gardening, I assume that I will have to use some type of lawn weedkiller, spread some grass seeds on the bald spots, and fill in the depressions with dirt and seed on top. Please give me some specific instructions on exactly how to go about this task. Thank you.

Where do you live?
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com
David Bockman wrote:

Olympia, Washington.
tenplay wrote:

Your county extension agent should be able to provide the answers specific to your location on the planet.

USDA Zone 8