Rennie Bottali - Olive Tree

We have a three to five year old olive tree that we planted at the back of our garden approx a year ago.
I am a little concerened as it does not seem to be very healthy. The base of the root sits on the shelf of our clay soil that is 18 inches below the surface. We have not really watered the tree as I did not want to over water. It is in a sunny position but we do get bad winds when the weather is colder,
Any Advice would be great.
Kind Regards
Rennie Bottali
--
rennie bottali

rennie bottali wrote:

This is very vague. Be more specific about what is wrong. Tell us more about your climate and soil. Provide a photo if possible.

You notice he DID say "clay soil". Right there is major trouble. Also: How can the poor thing survive w/o any water when it's only had a year to put down roots? Long, slow, very small stream of water, not sudden big hose attack. What was the last time you watered?
HB
HB