Removing ground cover

We have a lot of juniper that was put down as a ground cover by the previous owner. Is there an easy way to remove it? Is there anything we should spray on it to kill it first? Pat <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/aussieresc ">Aussies in Shelters</A> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/paltm81324 ">Dakota's Rescue Page</A>

previous
spray
I would just dig them up. Even if you spray them, you will still have to dig. The spray will just cost you time and money.