relocating to California

Page 3 of 3
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:49:26 +0000 (UTC), Hope Munro Smith

Did you notice that the page has a phone # and e-mail address for questions? Although they may be of as much use as the IRS hotline that doesn't excuse you from prosecution if you follow their advice and it's wrong, at least it's better than getting "I think I read once that..." answers in the newsgroup.

Yes, I did email the agent. She gave me an idea of how long it takes to get through the checkpoint, and that they are basically looking for bugs and disease. Here is what she said:
"The inspection process is usually quite fast, and may involve only a few questions by the agricultural inspector. If the inspector does look at your plants and sees an insect or disease of concern, the material is confiscated which does not take very long."
So I feel better. I am *only* taking plants that have spent their lives inside, so I think I'll be fine.