Relocating Hemerocallis

Has any one here ever thinned / moved their day lilies at this time of year ?
The lily sites tell all about spring and fall bare root planting, but haven't found any info on when not to move 'em.
Ma Zone 5

If you have a choice, I would wait for fall. If not, just move them now. Daylilies are almost bulletproof. I just planted some bare root Siloam purple two weeks ago and they are thriving. I have done this a couple of time, picking them up at sales and they usually bloom, although the flowers are very late. If you move them now, just keep them evenly moist for the rest of the summer and consider mixing in some triple phosphate in the backfill.

You really have to try hard to kill them so I'd say move them when it's convenient for you.
I found some deep in a thick woods by a bulldozed old home site. They were growing in about 1/2" of very dry soil over a pile of chimney bricks. Judging by surrounding tree size, they probably haven't seen direct sun, nor bloomed, in 25 years. Transplanted to my garden they are growing & blooming beautifully! That taught me how hardy they can be.
Bob S. Zone 7
"Bob S." wrote:

Thanks Bob. I'm gonna go for it then.
Ma
When I researched this about 2 years ago, the only rule I found was to make sure they had 6 weeks to settle in before the end-of-season frost.
Andrew

I try for 8+ weeks before a killing frost - so mid to late August here. Cheryl
On 7/22/04 10:05 AM, in article KKPLc.50$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.mts.net, "Andrew

Blues Ma wrote:

I moved some a few weeks ago and I don't think they even noticed. I didn't divide the clumps, just dug them up and stuck them in the ground somewhere else, and watered in good with 1/3 strength Miracle Gro.
Best regards, Bob in zone 4
zxcvbob wrote:

Thanks Bob.....................they move tomorrow.
Ma