Rehabbing Flower Bed

There is a long neglected flower bed right next to my building (it is Springtime here in the Southern Hemisphere.) It is about 1 x 2 metres, and perhaps 10 inches of possible depth (although only about half that deep now, so I will add more.)
I am thinking of perhaps just filling it with "sweet william / sweet willie" and pansys. Not sure what else might come to mind.
In addition to compost for bulk, what type and how much fertiliser do you suggest? Blood and bone meal? Sheep manure? Anything else? And how much per square metre?
Guide To DIY Living