'redecorating' my garden

hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??
--
clara309

Stop neglecting it, pull some weeds, and visit a nursery.
--
- Billy
clara309 wrote:

Borrow some garden design books from the library.
David

Gaia's Garden, Second Edition: A Guide To Home-Scale Permaculture

You mean, read? Somehow I don't think clara309 will find that inspiring. Too many of those fact thingies.
--
- Billy

Poster did state: "can anyone suggest ANYTHING... Seen" :) The book inspired me :)

On 1/10/2011 8:54 PM, Billy wrote:

I suppose recommending filling the spreader with rock salt and having a go around the yard is out of the question... :)
--
The word "urgent" is the moral of the story "The boy who cried wolf". As
a general rule I don't believe it until a manager comes to me almost in