Red Mangrove - (Rhizophora Mangle) - Can it be split up?

I bought a red mangrove this weekend, (Rhizophora Mangle) and it has 4 shoots, or whatever they are called.

Is it possible to split theese up or is there another way to create a second plant?

Thank you in advance.

chaz-

Reply to
chaz

it has 4

Yes.

Jim Lewis - snipped-for-privacy@nettally.com - Tallahassee, FL - Only where people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

Reply to
Jim Lewis

How would you go about doing this? Thanks for the response...... chaz

Reply to
chaz

Sorry. Never done it, myself.

But I imagine it would be much like dividing any other shrub, with the sharpest (and cleanest) knife you can find. Some Rootone also won't hurt, I imagine.

Reply to
Jim Lewis