Recommendation for dilution of selective herbicide chems

I want to use up this old bottle of Spectracide's Weed Stop for Lawns, but unfortunately the label is all kinds of gone. And that's beside the fact that I really don't want to just spray it all the hell over the lawn, I'd rather just spot-treat these horrible thistles that're just about everywhere. Anything left over's going onto the dandelions. I don't want to be bothered with sending it to the local Clean Sweep crew, which would cost me more in gasoline to get there & back than it probably did to buy the stupid thing.

This is the kind of product that gets hooked up to the end of a garden faucet.

It contains, roughly :

2,4D 7.6% Mecoprop-p, 2.7% dicamba, 0.71% sulfentrazone, 0.18%

That's if I can believe what I *think* I can see through a 16x loupe looking at the front label. Guess the company didn't particularly want anyone to know what-all was in it?

It was here when I moved in a few years ago. In case it's way expired, is there any more harm in spraying it onto the lawn than if it weren't?

Reply to
Nelly Wensdow

When I spray thistles, I use about 0.5% solution of 2,4D. You could dilute your product quite a bit. I don't know about the other chemicals in your mix. I really doubt this stuff has "expired".

Reply to
Wallace

Use one ounce (2 Tbsp) per gallon for spot treating. (or 1.5 tsp per quart)

Hope this helps, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

I'd also think 1 to 2 oz. per gallon. Spec for Weed Be Gone which is similar.

Reply to
Frank

my memory must be bad. I think I used a 0.2% solution when spot spraying thistles.

Reply to
Wallace

I'd also think 1 to 2 oz. per gallon. Spec for Weed Be Gone which is similar.

Thanks, all. I think I'll start with the lowest dose, not for the least reason they seem to have changed the formula a bit.

Reply to
Nelly Wensdow