Re: What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

Page 4 of 10
Tom Jaszewski <tomj> wrote:

Which you asserted, but never demonstrated. Yet another lie.
Nonetheless, since you are so convinced that oppenness and disclosure are important, why not display the same?
Where do you work?
What are your scientific credentials?
As you said, "the jig is up."

Actually, I never once defended Monsanto. My claim is, and always has been that Roundup is not dangerous to humans when used as directed. You have not shown otherwise, while I have provided multiple studies that show that it is safe at these dosages, and requires very high dosages for damage.
You cannot refute that, so you stoop to primitive personal attack, and lies at that.

I know about the human pathology. And I don't dismiss sicence simply because it conflicts with my religion -- and my personal cash flow.
Tell me, Tom, how much money do you make pushing your anti-science agenda?

Oh, really? Do you have any documentation of the human patients you've treated?

It already has. It has revealed it to be safe for humans when used as directed.
And all the personal villification and all the diversion in the world doesn't change that.
And all your ducking about your conflict of interest makes you no different than what you claim of Monsanto.
Hypocrite.
billo
On 22 Aug 2003 01:35:31 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (Bill Oliver) wrote:

Interesting, Billoboy. Anyone can review the record and find the link. Too bad you have to hide behind smoke and mirrors. What about the former leadership of your lab being employed by Monsanto? What about Monsanto funding to the computer department where you recieved your MS.
The jig is up...now be gone...plonk
opined:

I have this funny feeling this is too much information for some to fully process. I don't know how many ways there are to try and inform people that it is not ONLY the use of glyphosate pesticides, but the mentality of those who over use it, never read the labels and don't follow directions of use at all.
Very cleverly, Monsanto has marketed this crap with its own nozzle and tube coming from the bottle. I wonder how many people just start to spray around and I wonder how many perfectly healthy plants are now dead from the drift. I wonder how many non-label-readers have used it on windy days.
That said, we were watching our DVD of "Bowling for Columbine," which was delivered two days ago from our amazon shopping cart. Michael Moore put it so much more eloquently than I could put it, but in essence he was saying of our culture of fear and consumerism, what we are saying about the mentality of people how use glyphosate improperly.
It's not the glyphosate, necessarily (though I contend it is a huge part) but it's the very closed off way of thinking and lack on knowledge, compiled with the great inability of many to think outside the box to see the much bigger picture. I'm not sure I can articulate it here, or anywhere. All I can say is that, in this life, I am glad I get it. There are many more people who don't get it, who will most likely never get it. In order for me to live a better life, I give it a good shot and have to let go of it. Nothing is forever.
Victoria

How apropos to quote a person who falsifies data as your soulmate.

And finally we have it. It is wrong to admit that Roundup is safe when used as directed because, pure and simple, it is a thought crime to the ecofundamentalists. Screw science. Screw the facts. The important thing is to silence the heretic.

Here's a clue, Victoria. If your cult requires you to lie and demonize those who tell the truth, you might want to think twice about it.
billo

http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kopel040403.asp
billo
On 22 Aug 2003 19:11:18 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (Bill Oliver) opined:

I am expected to believe an article which has Hannity, AnneOrexia Coulter and that other jerk I can't stand? Unlike Spinal Tap, Bowling for Columbine has won just about every prestigious award from here to Asia and back, not to mention an Oscar and every other fancy film industry, critic industry, documentary industry award which has ever been created.
Did you see the film? Didn't think so. Too busy examining the spooge of death.

But hey you gotta feel sorry for a neanderthal that quotes an article like that.
"For example, hunting is a challenging sport, requiring outdoor skills, wildlife knowledge, patience, and good marksmanship."
"militia members to present their case, he makes the group (which has no record of illegal violence or any other illegal activity)"
Great stuff from boy scouts with guns....
http://www.michiganmilitia.com/practical/practical.htm
On 23 Aug 2003 01:00:44 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (Bill Oliver) opined:

Why do I hear a monotone voice sounding challenge of the robots sort of thing? Oh the drone has no idea.
On 23 Aug 2003 00:49:37 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (Bill Oliver) opined:

I was talking about the website slide show of the most vile of all the hate mongers of radio and television. You know, the Fox News junkies. Oh yeah, a judge nearly fell off the stand when the lawsuit was being proved up in court. Al Franken said the term "fair and balanced," and Fox News said it was THEIR tag line! Bwahahahaha. Holy shit. What's this world coming to. Never mind, don't answer that.

Victoria, I don't really care *what* rationalization you use to avoid the truth. If it wasn't this it would be something else. The bottom line is that, as always, your statement of fact (in this case about the article) was false.
billo

and
Ferchrissakes...here.
http://www.salon.com/politics/col/spinsanity/2002/04/03/moore/index.html
Jason

I know. But that's the only way to deal with cultists because when you get to the point that they can't wiggle out of the fact that their claims are false, they pretend it wasn't the question at all. The only way to avoid it is to keep repeating the point -- then they whine you are boring, but they can't pretend the issue isn't what it is.
OK, Victoria, you want to move on beyond my claim that Roundup is safe to humans when used as directed? You want to ignore the fact that you claimed this was *not* true, that scientific data had been present showing it was not true, and that you engaged in outright despicable personal demonization when you were shown wrong?
Ok. Here is is. Simply admit that Roundup is safe for humans when used as directed.
Go ahead. Write it. Write that Roundup is safe for humans when used as directed. Here, I'll leave a blank space for you:
Or not. But if you don't, don't pretend that isn't the issue.

Indeed. Perhaps it will be one of those science-free ones, where you can get your toxicology data from channelling dolphins.
billo
On 22 Aug 2003 19:18:05 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (Bill Oliver) opined:

Your big mistake is that I'm not a cultist, nor a joiner, nor do I subscribe to anything which could remotely be considered a cult. You still don't see beyond your prick, which is probably so tiny that anger is the only way you can gather enough testosterone to grow the two hairs on your head.
The

You ARE boring.

Awe, poor little man. Did I demonize you? Awe. I'm crying, waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa.

Nope. Reason? I do not believe it, never did, never will.

Are you almost ready to cum? Is that why you are now resorting to humiliating begging? Are you breathless, frustrated, will you now mount me and yank on me after you stab me with 50 or so pounces? What's the fascination, billo?

You live in fairyland. Have your way. I don't care if you believe what I believe. It's really okay. There, have you spooged yet?

What an ass. Maybe since I've saved all your vile posts with plenty of your own "ahem, behaviors" I will contact the University to see if they approve your methods of communication. We'll see how that goes. Till then, take care, have fun, try something else. Nothing you do here seems to be effective, oh great scientist.

Well, I guess that pretty much does it for any effort at rationa discussion with someone like you. Sorry to have offended your cult.

Of course not. It's against your religion. Science be damned.

I love this. You lose on science, you lose on demonization, and now you stoop to pathetic, infantile threats. Pathetic.
Oh, and when you run of to whine, be sure and include the accusations that they are owned by Monsanto. They'll love that one, too.
billo
On 23 Aug 2003 01:04:44 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (Bill Oliver) opined:

Will you at least tell me what the cult is I'm supposed to subscribe to?

What religion? I'm an atheist. What are you talking about? Oh, the science of the mind? How would you know anything about that? Don't you need a functioning mind in order to know the science behind it?

Nah, just having a laugh. I didn't really save your post. Just kidding. But sheesh, it sure did get you to sit up straight.

Land Grant Universities are owned by the agchem industry. The only one I know of which remotely has come to their senses is Texas A&M, which finally did a study on turf grass fertilization and which products work the best. Well, ding dong, the 8-2-4 of certified organic fertilizer outperformed them all.
Okay, so, like, there was this, um, you know, animaux

gawd. whoosh.
--
gekko

Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no
Victoria wrote:

gekko responded:

Mind telling me what:
gawd. woosh.
means?
which you posted to rec.gardens on 27 Aug 2003:

Certainly.
"gawd" is a dialectical pronounciation of the word "God", which is often used as an expletive to indicate an emotional response ranging anywhere from awe to disgust. In this specific case, its intent was to indicate incredulity.
"whoosh" (note correct spelling) is an onomatopoeic word. In this case, it is being used to suggest the sound of a rushing passage of air as though something went whisking over your head.
HTH.
HAND.
--
gekko

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality. -- Jules

Oh, so in other words, you had nothing to add or debate, so you used some silly words. I see.

Yeah, over my head. More like, out of the radar of the living.
Becky Sue, goddess of rec.gardens, hit the spitoon and done told me that animaux

Nothing to add? How can anyone add anything worth reading to that mishmash of high-toned incomprehension you composed?

You really ought not diminish yourself so. I'm sure you're a fine gardner, for example.
--
gekko

So I said, 'shouldn't that be 'hello, world wide web!' -- punchline that proves