Re: vinegar for whiteflies

Why?

Do you want to pickle your plants in the process?

What makes you think that vinegar isn't a harsh chemical on plants?

Just spraying your plants with water would chase away white flies.

Malathion can be deadly to Crassulaceae and bromeliads!!!

Hello All, > > Can spraying vinegar+water get rid of whiteflies over my tomatoe > plants? I don't want to use any harsh chemicals like Ortho Malathion > > Thanks. > Saqib Ali >
Cereoid-UR12-

i can drink vinegar but i don't think i ca drink ortho malatihion ;)

i tried chasig away the whiteflies by spraying water, but they keep on coming back.

is a yellow sticky paper trap going to help?

Reply to
Saqib Ali

snipped-for-privacy@stonebeat.org (Saqib Ali) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

whiteflies were included. Spraying vinegar, well that's not such a good idea, unless you are ready to make a salad.

You might want to find out what is attracting the whiteflies and eliminate that. (unless of course it's the tomatoes)

-- Salty

Reply to
Salty Thumb

I have had good luck using just dishsoap and water as a spray

Reply to
CHEX

There was some fella in California a few years ago that was drinking Malathion to prove that it was non-toxic to humans. Wonder whatever happened to him? Maybe he's running for governor?

Why would you drink vinegar? Do you want to be a sour puss?

Even if you spray with vinegar they will come back.

Sure why not try the sticky yellow fly paper?

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

I sprayed the tomatoes with a mixture of vinegar and water (20% vinegar). And that got rid of the whiteflies in 1 single shot. A nice lady at Home Depot recommended the use of vinegar to rid of whiteflies. Seems like it works.

Now I will have to wait and see if it effects the fruits or the plants in any way.

Reply to
Saqib Ali

snipped-for-privacy@stonebeat.org (Saqib Ali) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

straight 20% with no additional dilution)? Also please update us as to whether the plants and fruits were adversely affected.

When I spray 5% household vinegar on sidewalk weeds, they usually turn brown within 5 minutes on a hot day.

-- Salty

Reply to
Salty Thumb