Re: Tripod For Sprinkler?

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Sheellah) wrote in

Take a look at the bottom of the sprinkler. if there aren't any obvious attachment points, then there probably isn't anything specific you can buy to raise it up, in which case you can still jury-rig something. Does it vibrate a lot when in use?
Sorry can't help you any more, I can't tell one sprinkler from another, unless they go by names like "thupathupa" sprinkler or "whoosh-whoosh" sprinkler.
-- Salty
Sheellah said:

I've tied my oscillating sprinkler to the bottom of an old plastic milk crate. A short stack of milk crated can then lift it up to reach over low shrubs. I've even set the sprinkler (on its milk crate) on top of an old metal trash can (with a flat lid) to get it up even higher. You may have to carefully dress the hose -- even tie it to the stack -- to make the whole setup stable.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

Phrederik wrote:

Even less than half the time for each side. The water that would have been wasted in run-off into the storm sewer from the sidewalk would now be going on the lawn instead. And it would be cheaper in two ways: The extra water spent watering the sidewalk doesn't need to be bought, and a stand for the sprinkler wouldn't need to be bought.
--
Warren H.