Re: too late to prune tomatoes ??

Thanks for the feedback. I actually did that a couple of weeks ago & figured I would be allright, I even have bungee cords on the stakes to try & keep them upright, but they just keep spreading out. I think that next year I will try some of the tomato ladders from gardeners.com.
-thanks again James

the
twine
support.
of
nonsense.
In article snipped-for-privacy@cs.com says...

I read up on pruning and pruned once very early in the year when the plants were just starting to grow funny. I followed the instructions and pruned the suckers. Now they're huge and I'm getting big tomatoes this year. Last year all my tomatoes were small and I had a lot of yellow leaves. I grow my tomatoes out of big containers BTW. After the plants got big, it was very difficult to figure out what to prune and what not to prune so I just let nature take it's course. I do think, based upon my anecdotal evidence, that my early pruning did help the plants grow decent sized tomatoes this year. YMMV.
This was the size of the tomatoes on June 13 and I pruned them a week later...
http://www.brandylion.com/images/tomatos-061303.jpg