Re: Tall Phlox question

Hi all ! What do I do with the spent blooms ? Should I cut them off ?

> Thanks ! Rosie z5 >

Definitely cut them off. If you do it as soon as all the flowers are spent, they will often rebloom. True, the second blooming may not be as good as the first, but it's worth the effort. Cutting off the spent flower heads also keeps them from setting seeds, which you don't really want because the seedlings from these can often be undesirable in color and size. Once in a while you can get something worthwhile, but most often the seedlings are not as good as the parent plant.

John

Reply to
B & J

Thanks for the info , John ! Rosie z5