Re: Suggestion for small tree with purple or red foliage?

I have a mock crabapple tree that has red leaves all summer long. I don't know the scientific name for it, but you should be able to find a picture. It's grown rather slowly, but is a really nice size (about 8 feet tall) now after 8 years or so. The roots appear deeper than my maple, at least I can't see them bulging up. :-)
I hope you didn't get any more damage than that from Isabel.
Leslie

How about Canada Red Chokecherry: Prunis virginiana 'Canada Red'
http://www.countrygardensgreenhouse.com/TREE%20LIST.htm
or
Redbud Forest Pansy
http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/16148 /
Both have spring flowers and beautiful foliage although Forest Pansy's foliage begins to turn a greenish bronze if it gets too much sun. It's comparable to a red Japanese maple in that respect, which is another suggestion.
John
Smoke Tree or Cotinus Coggyria
Dave