Re: Storing 4oclock tubers

<< How should I store some 4oclock tubers I just dug up? >><BR><BR>
One edge of my garden is rife with them, but I never knew they had tubers. The things one learns... zemedelec
Put them in a paper bag and put them somewhere in your garage where they will stay dry. Otherwise, just plant them. I have sorted them by color and stored iris risones over a year in the garage, but only 2/3 rds of them lived. It is best to plant them now. You don't have to cover them with dirt. Half of them can be out of the ground. It always takes mine two summers to bloom, so the sooner you can get them in the ground, the sooner you will see color.
Dwayne

have
Sorry about that. I read a posting about iris, and was thinking about that when I answered this one. The information I gave you was on iris, not 4 O'clocks.
Dwayne

In my climate, four-o-clocks are not hardy in the ground over winter, and they take a long time to bloom from seed (as late as late August). One year I did buy the tubers, and was very happy to get flowers starting in July on very large handsome plants. I would do it again, but they haven't been offered since....:(

"mirabilis"
realized
me
replanted