Re: seeds from dried flowers Help

Joanne,
I do not know salpiglossis flowers, so I cannot help you for this particular seed. Last year I collected a lot of seeds. I kept them in paper envelopes and I planted them this year following the instruction for each type of seeds. Some were very successful others were not. Why? I cannot tell. I planted lots of pansies. Since they were hybrids, I got all kinds of colours and shapes. It was quite fun to see them flowered.
I had some Heliopsis, which were not big enough to be divided yet. So I gathered some seeds. Since I could not find any instruction on how to plant them, I looked for some flowers that may be similar. I planted the seeds in the house in winter and transplanted the little plants in the garden in spring. They flowered and are still flowering. I was glad because I thought I had lost my original plant during the winter.
Have fun with your seeds.
Françoise.
Jo wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
A great way to find out particulars on seeds and planting times etc is to order a free catalog from a reputable seed company in your country ( Stokes Seeds in Canada ). The catalog should contain all sorts of information on planting times, germination times, Zone hardiness, description of plant, resistance to disease etc.
--
Jayel
"Françoise" < snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
✖