Re: seeds from dried flowers Help

Joanne,

I do not know salpiglossis flowers, so I cannot help you for this particu= lar seed. Last year I collected a lot of seeds. I kept them in paper envelope= s and I planted them this year following the instruction for each type of seeds. = Some were very successful others were not. Why? I cannot tell. I planted lots = of pansies. Since they were hybrids, I got all kinds of colours and shapes. = It was quite fun to see them flowered.

I had some Heliopsis, which were not big enough to be divided yet. So I g= athered some seeds. Since I could not find any instruction on how to plant them, = I looked for some flowers that may be similar. I planted the seeds in the h= ouse in winter and transplanted the little plants in the garden in spring. They f= lowered and are still flowering. I was glad because I thought I had lost my origi= nal plant during the winter.

Have fun with your seeds.

Fran=E7oise.

Jo wrote:

I have some seeds which I recuperated from some dried out salpiglossis > flowers which we grew from plants this summer. I also have some from a > lavatera flower which was grown from seeds. Do I need to do anything wi= th > these seeds to keep them ? How do I plant them next year if I want flow= ers > from them ? I am completely new at this and was so thrilled I could act= ually > see the seeds in the dead flower heads......... > > Hugs from France, > Joanne > > check out my latest downloads on >
> Feel free to join my encaustic group if this form of art interests you >
Françoise

A great way to find out particulars on seeds and planting times etc is to order a free catalog from a reputable seed company in your country ( Stokes Seeds in Canada ). The catalog should contain all sorts of information on planting times, germination times, Zone hardiness, description of plant, resistance to disease etc.

Reply to
J. Lane