Re: Questions on veg / peach tree and need plans for above ground planting boxs (large)

If I recall correctly, Vancouver Island gets snow almost every winter, but the ground generally doesn't freeze? If that's correct, and you can achieve good drainage, you might want to look to a winter crop of cruciforms [cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.] or cold-hardy root vegetables such as radishes or carrots. You do need to realize that this is very iffy, though. In Bellingham, it used to get cold enough about one winter in five that we lost the winter veggies. Your best bet for the kind of information you need is a local gardening club, or your local agricultural office.
Chris Owens
Brock Bailey wrote:

What's all the fuss about?
Sounds as if you have similar weather to what we have in the UK.So veg to grow for or through winter include. Winter cabbage, Spring cabbage, Broccoli, Winter cauliflower, carrots. Swedes, parsnips. turnips, Leeks, Broad beans (sown Sept/Oct to crop May)Kole rabi,
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries