Re: pests on indoor gardenia

what is systemic? Is it a chemical? Where can I find it? HD? //blush...

Thanks a lot, Tiff

> I have a 1G gardenia indoor. I place it near a southeast facing > > window. It had pests some time ago. I bought a bottle of pestcide from > > Wal-Mart and sprayed on it two weeks ago. Now, the pests come back > > again! I can spray the chemical again but I'm wondering if there is > > any way to get rid of these disgusting pests without using the > > dangerous chemicals! Please help! > > > My indoor gardenia had scale and spider mites. I take it out in the summer > and 2 weeks before bringing in sprayed with a systemic. It got rid of the > scale which was killing it. Spider mites returned but they are easy to keep > down with water spray in house. > Frank
Reply to
Frank

A systemic is a pesticide that gets into the plants system and makes it toxic to insects that eat it. It is obviously not used on fruits or vegetables. Rosepride Orthenex is the stuff I used. Probably stocked by any garden shop. It saved my gardenia which BTW has several little children grown from cuttings. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo