Re: Our garden on PBS local KLRU

I'm impressed! I want to naturalize most of my backyard--a bit selectively (meaning, I would plant some native plants and also remove others from locations where I don't want them). I feel sorry for all the critters, since all of my neighbors most mow their lawns down to one inch and liberally apply herbicides and pesticides. We need to share this planet, I think.... Anyway, kudos. I do hope you have a website someday so we can learn from it.

Reply to
Jean B.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

Yes, I did get a copy and I ran two vcrs all weekend and all the copies on VHS are out somewhere being sent all around to the many people who wanted to see it. When a duplicate makes its way back, I'll get it out to you.

I wonder why you couldn't view it?

Reply to
animaux

Search your cache of 'temporary internet files', if you haven't cleared it since you viewed the movie. I'm trying to get used to WinXP, and had to change search parameters to include "hidden" files when I looked for it. The file is rains.mov.

Reply to
Frogleg

My husband is a computer geek who works for Dell Inc. If he can't find it, it's pretty obscure. We use WinXP Pro on a brand new machine. He's looked everywhere.

Fortunately, someone in our city is sending us a copy on CD in two formats. One will work on the computer, one on the DVD player. We'll see.

Reply to
animaux

animaux wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Depend> did you get a copy, I cant download it. Ingrid

Regardless, the easiest way to just download the movie is to go here:

click 'save' when the box comes up.

I don't have QT installed, so I haven't watched it yet, but kudos on being selected.

-- Salty

Reply to
Salty Thumb

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
animaux

I'll tell my husband. I'm pretty sure he searched this machine like a surgeon lysing adhesions. Do you like XP? He didn't like it as he thought it was not as stable as Pro. It was a few hundred dollars more, but he uses this machine for a lot of work things. We have SEVERAL Dell machines in a network, and wireless. This room is starting to sound like a cacophony of buzzing!

Reply to
animaux

" Do you like XP?" I don't cope well with change. I'd used Win98 for several years, and had gotten used to it. Am still adjusting, one "feature" at a time. The main problem now is that I can't *find* anything. There's also the lack of documentation. Nowhere to look it up, and figuring out keywords that 'help' understands isn't as good as a manual with an index, IMHO. Re: noise -- the new machine is a miracle of silence compared to my previous setup. I *have* noticed, now the temperature is up in the Computer Pantry, that there's an audible fan -- perhaps a secondary one kicking in? Whatever makes it happy. :-)

Reply to
Frogleg

You will be far happier if you can afford to spend the extra 200 on the XP Pro. It's MUCH more stable than XP. Take if from a senior support team my husband is part of.

Reply to
animaux