Re: Name that plant!

It looks to be HIBISCUS SYRIACUS L., aka Shrub Althea, also called Rose-of-Sharon

Dave

I bought a supposed Hibiscus from Home Depot. It does not appear to be so. > Checking the web, all the pictures I found did not look like my plant. The > flower looks a lot like a white rose, although the stems are smooth. Please > help identify! > >
> An email would be appreciated > > snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca > > Thanks! > >
Reply to
David J Bockman

Seconded! Buzzy :)

Reply to
Buzzy

Don't know where you looked. Do a google image search.

It is a white double flowered Hibiscus syriacus.

Finding the actual cultivar name, if any, is another story.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

It is a Hibiscus, but it's a perennial type called Rose of Sharon. It forms a bush and is deciduous (loses all leaves in winter). I have two on the side of my house in full sun and they are a favorite of Japanese Beetles, although they really didn't bother my yard this year. Mine are a medium pink in color.

Reply to
Penny Morgan

I have a pink one:

paghat

Thanks to everyone who responded, I guess I was expecting the flowers to open more and look more like the pictures I saw on the web. Also the leaves look very different.

Harold

Reply to
Harold Hoglund

It looks like your bush is a "Rose of Sharron". It falls within the hybiscus family and is a very hardy and easy to grow bush. Email if you have any snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
MWhite3660

That is the GENUS Hibiscus. (note spelling.)

The SPECIES is Hibiscus syriacus, commonly called "Rose of Sharon". (note spelling)

However, the plant is in the FAMILY Malvaceae not the Rosaceae.

You are being e-mailed because you didn't have the correct answers. You also lose points for incorrect spelling.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-