Re: Name that plant!

It looks to be HIBISCUS SYRIACUS L., aka Shrub Althea, also called Rose-of-Sharon
Dave

David J Bockman wrote:

Seconded! Buzzy :)
--
>> Buzzy's Stall Wall <<
>> www.buzzys.net <<
Don't know where you looked. Do a google image search.
It is a white double flowered Hibiscus syriacus.
Finding the actual cultivar name, if any, is another story.

It is a Hibiscus, but it's a perennial type called Rose of Sharon. It forms a bush and is deciduous (loses all leaves in winter). I have two on the side of my house in full sun and they are a favorite of Japanese Beetles, although they really didn't bother my yard this year. Mine are a medium pink in color.
Penny Zone 7b - North Carolina

I have a pink one: http://www.paghat.com/roseofsharonmyths.html http://www.paghat.com/roseofsharon.html
-paggers
snipped-for-privacy@netscapeSPAM-ME-NOT.net (paghat) wrote in message

Thanks to everyone who responded, I guess I was expecting the flowers to open more and look more like the pictures I saw on the web. Also the leaves look very different.
Harold
It looks like your bush is a "Rose of Sharron". It falls within the hybiscus family and is a very hardy and easy to grow bush. Email if you have any snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
That is the GENUS Hibiscus. (note spelling.)
The SPECIES is Hibiscus syriacus, commonly called "Rose of Sharon". (note spelling)
However, the plant is in the FAMILY Malvaceae not the Rosaceae.
You are being e-mailed because you didn't have the correct answers. You also lose points for incorrect spelling.