Re: Moss in lawns

Generally speaking moss is indicitive of acidified soil, shade, and sometimes soil compaction. Here in the Midatlantic Region, it is a continual chore to maintain a pH in a range in which turf grasses thrive and mosses do not.
Dave

Moss likes acid, wet, and shade. IME, if you have any two of the three conditions, some species of moss will be happy to colonize. Personally, I just leave it alone; but, then, my lawn is definitively multi-species. It forms a nice green, low-care layer under trees.
Chris Owens