Re: Identification help

This is growing in my garden and I don't know where it came from or what it

>is. There actually are two of them. They are just blooming now, August in >New England. The stalk grew up 24" tall in two days, has no foliage at all. >One has opened 2 blooms and looks to have 3 more. > >Thanks >Chex >

One of the plants known as "nked Lady"?

Belladonna Lily, Naked Lady (Amaryllis belladonna)

Naked lady; see Colchicum autumnale

Seems like there is another one, but I forget what it is.

Reply to
Charles

It may be a Lycoris squamigera. I'm sure CV will pop in and correct those of us that are wrong.

Reply to
Travis