Re: Help Required - Weeding

oxtonyxo.gardenbanana.uk> wrote:

Goats.
Brooklyn1 wrote:

No no not that! Goats are good at eating not weeding. They originated the scorched earth approach.
On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:50:19 PM UTC-7, David Hare-Scott wrote:

Now, now! They're used a lot for ranches, I've heard, for keeping the grass down. ISTR the U.S. White House uses them, Anybody in touch with Mrs. Obama?
HB

Higgs Boson wrote:

Goats are telepathic, they can read your mind and find out which plant you least want them to eat and then head straight for it.

Sheep would be better for grass eating duties. Goats like to stand up on their hind legs and eat at or above head height whereas sheep don't do that. Goats are great for control of bushy weeds like blackberries but not for grund level herbage.
On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:21:56 AM UTC-7, Farm1 wrote:

Here's a plug for clearing cemeteries. Looks to me like they done did purty good!
<http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/cemetery-goats-right-decision-95543.html?ml=tb
HB
Brooklyn1;989789 Wrote: > oxtonyxo.gardenbanana.uk wrote:-

> weeding.-

I Like the idea, and may even use that as a route to explore :) But i dont think most gardeners would like the goats to eat their veggies too :/
--
oxtonyxo

LOL. But only for some types of weeds - the shrubby ones since goats are browsers as opposed to grazers.