Re: Goodbye with mixed feelings

If you've ever bought anything off of Amazon then they already have that information.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Does IMDB have account details from Amazon? That sounds rather unethical...

Reply to
Jeßus

Yes, Amazon owns IMDB:

I would not expect them to share personal account details between the two though.

Reply to
Jeßus

You can sign in using an amazon account, a gmail account, a facebook account, or an account specific to IMDB. I would be very surprised if there was any internal isolation between the different kinds of accounts.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yes, you're most likley right about that. Presumably they have some sort of disclosure somewhere (not that I am all *that* concerned).

In future I'll use my Amazon login details - not that I really need to login very often as I rarely post there. Thanks very much for the great info :)

Reply to
Jeßus

I only use IMDB for research and generally don't have to sign in. I like it better for that than I do Wicki. I've had an Amazon Prime account for many years, seldom ever have a problem other than the USPS losing shipped items. But, then, they lose my prescription drugs on a regular basis.

Reply to
George Shirley

Same here, a bit of research and that's about it.

I'm in Australia and have never bought pharmaceuticals online. I seldom buy much from Amazon these days, but used to buy a lot of music and DVDs from there 15 years ago. Can't recall losing any shipments from Amazon (or anywhere else for that matter, come to think of it). Better go and touch some wood, now that I've said that...

Reply to
Jeßus

My Medicare provider is ten miles away, generally the meds they send me make it here. Insulin is delivered by courier and I have to sign for it. Kelsey-Seybold Medicare Advantage Plan is very good at what they do. The only five star Medicare Plan in the US of A.

The problem with the U.S. Postal Service is that it is heavily unionized and the post masters are afraid of the union. I have lived in other states where the post masters do a good job but the ones here in Harris County, Texas are a bunch of fraidy cats. I generally have to call the post mistress about once every three or four months looking for my mail that I knew was coming. We have learned to ship Christmas presents to relatives in other states by United Parcel Service, UPS does a good job of getting things where they're supposed to be. If we ship them USPS they seem to disappear easily. I suspect there are a lot of postal carriers that have sticky fingers.

Reply to
George Shirley

Sheesh. In Australia there is only one real carrier of mail, that being Australia Post, which is government owned but a large portion of the business is run by contractors. Aus Post is in it's death throes and will be privatised soon. I can only imagine the problems that will bring... Aus Post is far from perfect but I can honestly say I cannot recall a missing letter or parcel from them in more than 30 years.

Reply to
Jeßus

I've lived in five states of the US and two foreign countries, only have had a problem with mail here in Harris County, Texas. I can only hope that the gubmint will sell USPS to someone who knows what they're doing.

Have been to Australia a couple of times when I was flight crew in the Navy back in late fifties. Some really good beer and pretty women is about all I can remember except for the accent. The Aussies I met thought I spoke funny too.

Reply to
George Shirley

It's a very different place now, but we still talk funny ;) Have a great time over xmas/new years.

Reply to
Jeßus

I very rarely use killfiles, even spammers are sometimes amusing, the only ones I use killfiles on are those with interminable pages of muslim rubbish.

Reply to
F Murtz

I've been using mine more and more in the past year, previously it was limited to serial spammers/kooks but it almost seems like the less ppl on Usenet over time, the greater the proportion of nutcases, trolls and google spammers.

Reply to
Jeßus