Re: Forsythia

N.

out.

I well could be forsythia blooming. I not only have forsythia blooming now but also Carolina jasmine in bloom. Both normally bloom in March (z 6), but we had a chilling period earlier followed by an extended warming trend (60 - 70). That was enough to trigger blooming.
John
B & J wrote:

A lot of forsythias have a wild hair and will completly or partially bloom in the fall and/or winter. It's kind of neat to see those yellow flowers peeking through a thin layer of snow.
Your Forsythia from a distance might even be a Kerria. Some wonderful friendships between gardeners have begun by a passerby asking about a plant.
-- Regards Mike Gilmore WinsfordWalledGarden, SW England, USDA Zone9a

but
(60 -