Re: Dying Jade Plant... help!

I've always had a few leaves like that on mine. I always thought it was just "sunburn" or something. It has never been a problem.
Bob

I'd snip off a small branchlet and take it to a nursery - looks like a fungus with the white crust.
This summer my wife brought home a very small plant (Look exactly the pics, less the heavy stem and approx nine small leaves in a small Tupperware. To ensure it survival, I separate it into two plants. The bigger plant with four small leaves outside the house in full sun and the smaller plant inside the house. Both plants died as the leaves turn brown exactly as the pics.
My wife told me in the Orient, the plant's leaves are brews as tea to treat diabetes. I have two questions; it that true and where can I buy this plant? By the way, the Chinese call it "Swee Sian Chow" or "Water leaves."
Anyone likes to expand the discussions?

Despite the common name that was coined for the plant by a California nurseryman in the 1950's, the so-called "Jade Plant" (Crassula ovata) is a native of South Africa not China nor Japan and has nothing whatsoever to do with Oriental medicine.

FWIW, the quickest way to kill jade plants in my experience is to overwater them.
Bob