Re: Creeping fig vine parasitic?

So how do I kill it in the tree. It is too high for me to reach. I tried cutting it at the base, but that had no effect, unless I missed a stem somewhere. How is it staying alive.
It looks like it is rooted in the tree.
I was going to have the tree cut down, but at the last minute I decided to keep it. I wonder if that was a mistake.

This is GreenG