Re: @#*%)^@ Cats!

That is what one normally does with vermin :-}
They do as long as your the one giving the gift. Not a god present to be on the receiving end though.
wrote:

-- Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects. Regards Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever. Remove capital A from chipmAkr for correct email address
195.197.54.116:

Dying plants make excellent gifts. "May our love lasts only as long as the bloom on this rose"
oops meant to post that to soc.culture.can't.get.a.date
--------------000303030102020701080502 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Karen, Well said. I agree 100%. Jan
Karen Chuplis wrote:

--------------000303030102020701080502 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
When I say to move, it means go someplace else, not switch positions with one another so there are still three cats in the way.
The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
The hallway was not designed by Nascar and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the end of the hall is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help, because I fall faster than you can run.
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to ensure your comfort. Look at videos of cats sleeping; they can actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to one another stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing but kitty sarcasm.
My phone cord is not black licorice.
For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. In addition, I have been using bathrooms for years; feline attendance is not mandatory.
The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough. It would be such a simple change for you.
The bathroom sink is for washing hands and was not meant to be your personal water fountain. I'm tired of being summoned to the bathroom when you are ready for a drink. The bowl of water in the kitchen is not contaminated and has no floaters! So from now on you will drink from there... I put fresh water in daily! Rules for non pet owners who visit and like to complain about our pets.
1. The cats live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want cat hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
3. I like my cats a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, he's a cat. To me, he's an adopted son who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.
Karen
--------------000303030102020701080502--
Hi Had to put in my 2 cents worth. Living in an area where there are several feral cats the thing that concerns me most is rabies. Animals do not always show the symptoms of rabies (as my family learned in Big Lake Texas. Nearly everyone in town played with and fed a stray cat which only began to look sick several days afterward. Nearly everyone in town had to get rabies shots at some $600 each)
If you truly care about your pets you make sure they have all thier shots and proper meds (a dog with heartworm is truly a sad thing to see) You will also make sure they are no threat to anyone. I have come close to killing a dog only once and then it was a pit bull threatening a small child. The dog was behind a very flimsy fence and the child walking home from school. The dog was able to get part way out of the fence, if it had rushed the child I would have hit it with my car. Needless to say if you have an animal of that type you had better have it under control at all times. I have also stood watch for kids when another neighbor's rottweiller gets out (fortunately it's a very docile animal that doesn't get out of the driveway when it gets out)
My dog is always under control when I take him outside. Most of my neighbors don't do this.
We also have possums, squirrels (2 kinds), lots of birds, snakes, geckos, anoles, and some feral dogs that live in the large city cared for easement for the power company. I can truly say the only animal I ever wanted to get rid of were the rats in the attic and a mouse in the house.
Shell
You could just pave over everything and stick in plastic and wood flowers, carpet with artifical turf, etc. That would keep out all the annoying "criters" :) I curse the squirrels for digging up my freshly planted annuals, the kingfisher for eating my most attractive goldfish, my cats for wiping out my rodent population, etc. but I leave it at that and acknowledge they the have as much right to the earth as I do and that I no more "own" my piece of acreage than those before me who dumped their garbage on it or those after me that will probably dig up all my treasured plants and put in a pool to drown their own or a neighbor's kid in.
DK

Please don't harm innocent animals that don't know any better.
Try these:
http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?ProdGroupID 687&DeptPGID975&lstCategory=&lstSort=0&PFImage=1&RecGroupNum=1
or
http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?ProdGroupID 140&DeptPGID975&lstCategory=&lstSort=0&PFImage=1&RecGroupNum=6
or
http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?ProdGroupID 336&DeptPGID975&lstCategory=&lstSort=0&PFImage=1&RecGroupNum=2 (probably the best)
-PP

egory=&lstSort=0&PFImage=1&RecGroupNum=2
Yeah right! As if spraying a racoon with water will dissuade it from ripping into your garden.
Trapping is about the only way to deal with them (although I use a high voltage electric fence around fruit trees at harvest time) and a quick submergence in the trap (say 10 minutes or so) under water to make sure they are REALLY clean before you 'release' them......

Drowning is a slow and painful death for animals as large as raccoons. Although it was once considered acceptable, it is no longer considered humane. If you must kill, consider humane methods, please.
Tyra
What are the considered "humane methods" for killing animals please.... I'm assuming raccoons, squirrels, groundhogs, possums, etc.
I'm not a troll, I think some of these animals can be / are pretty destructive esp. in agricultural communities.... Also having been bitten twice by unleashed dogs on my property, I'm not a dog lover, but let's not discuss putting down dogs.
So broaden my education just a little..... are there humane methods of killing animals without taking a shitload of them to the local vet and paying for lethal injections.
On 21 Jul 2003 02:18:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnoway (Tyra Trevellyn) wrote:

Call animal control and let them do the dirty work for you.
<Curious> wrote in message> >>

ripping
submergence
humane.

This is definitely not my area and I hope, if you're as serious as you say, you get some input from those with good information.
However, if you're a farmer or live in an agricultural community, you already know the answer to your question. So I'm assuming you're living in a residential area and don't like the incursion of the local wildlife on your property. No matter, though, because aside from building an inpenetrable domed fortress, you'll not be free of them because they live there. A "shitload" of animals? Are you really declaring war on the entire native wildlife population? (Note that some species are protected by law.)
Humane methods of animal destruction are methods whereby the animal is quickly and painlessly rendered unconscious. A well-placed bullet, a blunt-force head trauma, severed carotid arteries, sufficient electrical or chemical input, etc. And of course these methods would need a very efficient administrator to carry them out humanely.....
Tyra nNJ usa
On 21 Jul 2003 15:14:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnoway (Tyra Trevellyn) wrote:

for many of us there is no humanity in killing for conveinience....from here it seems the ultimate in conspicuous consumption.
namaste, tomj
Tom Jaszewski snipped-for-privacy@bizness.net wrote:

I'm part of that 'us,' Tom. I was paraphrasing various bits of information that serve as guidelines for the agricultural and livestock industries, as well as for veterinary medicine. I'm sure you'll agree humane killing is indicated in certain situations. If the OP happened upon an animal that was suffering, I'd want him to see that there are options aside from drowning it. I certainly wasn't condoning or encouraging killing for convenience.
Believing in the infinite grace of living things, Tyra nNJ usa z7

Discharging a gun outside is illegal in my city. I suspect this is true in many cities.
Bob

humane.
I have read that, for humans at least, drowning is one of the easiest ways to die. You inhale water into your lungs, then pass out from lack of oxygen. No real pain is involved, at least according to the drowning victims reports that I read. Obviously, they were rescued and revived before giving the report.
Bob
The post was about a cat. I suppose you would torture and murder that too?
You should seek professional psychological help.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bill Spohn) wrote:

See the cat poll http://home.golden.net/~dhobson/catpoll.htm
Yeah sure, blame the cat for you putting your top heavy plant someplace that it can readily fall over.
You should try to be an adult and accept the blame for creating a situation where the plant could fall over in the first place. It would appear that the plant was long overdue for repotting.

Do you ever have anything of value to add to this group?