Re: Catching Snails?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:11:35 GMT, Salty Thumb

Well, here in the South of France, after the rare occasion s when it rains, all the locals are to be seen wearing wellies and carrying carrier bags collecting snails. Let them "clean themselves out", what nonsense - straight onto the BBQ with some garlic butter. Delicious!
Regards, Russell.
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.org (Russell Eberhardt) wrote in wrote:

A while ago, I was reading about escargot and it might have been an Italian preparation, but it recommended keeping them alive for a while to 'clean themselves out' i.e. get all the snail turds out of their systems. I wouldn't eat them anyway, but to each their own I guess.
-- Salty
: I like stepping on them.
Snails give a satisfying crunch. Slugs - on the other hand...
--
|im |yler http://timtyler.org/ snipped-for-privacy@tt1.org
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:57:02 +0100, Tim Tyler wrote

I don't like slugs on the other hand or this hand :)
--
Patrick