Re: Catching Snails?

> I intend to cook them, after they have "cleaned themselves" out. Bran >> or something?

>> Anyway, a good snail trap that doesn't poison or drown them? I hear >> that they like dark damp areas. > >I thought that *slugs* love beer, not snails. For snails, if I recall >correctly, leave orange peels overnight and pick them off in the morning.

Well, here in the South of France, after the rare occasion s when it rains, all the locals are to be seen wearing wellies and carrying carrier bags collecting snails. Let them "clean themselves out", what nonsense - straight onto the BBQ with some garlic butter. Delicious!

Regards, Russell.

Reply to
Russell Eberhardt

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.org (Russell Eberhardt) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.fr:

A while ago, I was reading about escargot and it might have been an Italian preparation, but it recommended keeping them alive for a while to 'clean themselves out' i.e. get all the snail turds out of their systems. I wouldn't eat them anyway, but to each their own I guess.

-- Salty

Reply to
Salty Thumb

: I like stepping on them.

Snails give a satisfying crunch. Slugs - on the other hand...

Reply to
Tim Tyler

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:57:02 +0100, Tim Tyler wrote (in message ):

I don't like slugs on the other hand or this hand :)

Reply to
PJ