Re: Calla Lily question

I have a Calla Lilly on my front porch. It sems to be really happy and it's a little pot bound which I read on someone's lilly page that they love. Only problem is the greens are about 2' high (versus 12" last year) and it hasn't produced any flowers.... I only get about 1-2 hours of direct sunlight on the porch per day. Should I move it to the deck so that it gets about 6 hours of sun?
It also stayed pretty cold here around Chicago until the beginning of July. Any other Calla gardeners in zones 4 or 5 still waiting for blooms?
Thoughts?
TIA, J in Chicago
<< Im from California (sunny Sacramento) too but your the only person ive heard say that they are a weed . I wouldn't even consider them as such,as i have never seen them grow wildly and uncontrolably anywhere.we must be from different areas definitely
Was that me you were quoting? If I remember correctly, I said that they grew so lavishly that some people almost *cpnsidered* them a weed in my area (then, Mandeville Canyon in the Santa Monica Mountains.) I cultivate several kinds of callas now in New Orleans, and I'm delighted when they flower--although none of mine are the pure white kind I grew up with. zemedelec