Re: Birds are eating our Fruit

This will sound silly but it has worked so far on my fig tree.
Take your old AOL CDs and tie one end of a long single strand of fishing line to it. Tie the other end to a tree branch. Single line helps it turn more. Tie quite a few throughout the tree. The slightest breeze make it look like a 70s disco. I have not had one bird in my fig tree since doing this.
Bruce

One thing you might try, also, is a sports horn! I have driven hoards of starlings from 2 friends' backyard trees.
I have bird netting on my peach trees and it has pretty much stopped the birds from getting into the peaches. My netting goes up over the tree and then it is gathered at the bottom and secured. As far as keeping the bird out it does the trick but now all my trees look like they are wearing hair nets.
Marty
On 8/5/2003 4:32 PM, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote:

be careful about birds getting trapped. That meant a trip around the trees a couple times a day. In the course of a week, I had to free a half dozen birds.
John

You could always have a cat or a black snake take up permanent residence in the netting