Re: Big Tomato

OK, this may not seem big to some of you experienced growers. This is my

> second season growing tomatoes and last year wasn't good, all the > tomatoes were small and the plants looked scrawny. Not having a yard, > all my tomatoes are grown in 24" containers. This year I watered and > fertilized more and the tomatoes are big. Today I harvested 8 tomatoes > and to my surprise I got this monster, I think it may be 2 lbs or more. > You can see it at: > >
> All my tomatoes are shaped weird for some reason. The first tomato of > the year was two tomatoes that grew together. Today I picked this one > that looks funny. > >
Peppergirl

They almost look like beef stake tomatoes, my father's favorite; great for slicing and sandwiches. I am beginning to have my "fill" with tomatoes eating them everyday for the last three weeks, and now feeding the tortoises in the yard. I've been making all kinds of tomato dishes.

Reply to
Phisherman

I wish I were getting tomatoes.

I put my plants in late (about the 2nd or 3rd week of June) because I was away. They look like they are getting ready to start flowering but haven't quite yet.

I am in the NE (S. Jersey).

Reply to
Mceezee