Re: Any suggestion for a foundation planting to replace shrubs?

snipped-for-privacy@netscapeSPAM-ME-NOT.net (paghat) said:

Sorry, zone 7-8, I had added it to my followup post.
I don't know what the existing shrubs are. They grow well enough, I just don't like them. The leaves are small, the foilage is not particulary thick and they are a dull dark green. They grow well but don't seem to like trimming, it seems to stunt their growth and make them look scraggly.
I prefer bright glossy shrubs with fuller foilage, something that looks cheerful. We have a Holly on the side and I like it quite a bit, but I'm not sure I want such an aggressive growing plant in the front of the house.
--
McQualude

I suggest dwarf yaupon holly.