Rattlesnakes scare me

This drought is getting bad. I was standing under a tree soaking it down with a full stream of water from the water hose when I noticed a little rattlesnake about ten inches long making a run for the water. He was moving fast. I killed him with a stick and cut his head off. After watering I picked him up by the tail and it was moving all around. I dropped it and it was moving forward just like it still had a head and was going somewhere.

It was big enough that it had some little buttons on it's tail. Last year, mid April I killed a pregnant female rattlesnake. This is only the third rattlesnake I've seen and killed in 26 years at this house.

I hope we get some rain soon. The water well is pumping almost non-stop. Fires are breaking out everywhere. Coyotes are drinking out of the stock tank. I surprised a skunk at the marsh last week and it surprised me. It was stomping around in there like it was having a good time.

I hope no one complains because I killed that rattlesnake. When they hang around the house, they're gonna die.

Reply to
Mysterious Traveler

D. Staples

Last year when I killed that other rattlesnake some people were crying about how my yard was now going to overrun by mice....I'd rather have mice.

--

Reply to
Mysterious Traveler

No rattlesnakes or poisonous snakes around here but I would kill them too.

I removed a garter snake, about a foot and a half long, and a black snake, over 4 feet, from my yard this week. Took them about half a block away across the road. My wife is afraid of snakes and would have had a fit had she seen them.

Reply to
Frank

About a month ago, my neighbor told me something bit both his horses that have been grazing in my pasture. One of the horses died. The vet didn't know if it was a snake or a spider. The wound on each was in the chest area.

Reply to
Mysterious Traveler

Show me the snake that can bite a horse on its chest LOL Do you have anacondas in your garden?

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Like my neighbor reminded me, horses lay down sometimes.

Reply to
Mysterious Traveler